I’ve never really been one of those people that has ever written down a bucket list and ticked them off as I achieve them, but I do have a few ideas in my head of things that I definitely want to do before I die. And that, as you’ve probably already gathered by now, is what I wanted to talk about today!
1) Travel the world. I feel like this is a statement thing on just about everybody’s bucket list, but I’ve always had plans to travel to far off places that I’ve never visited before. In fact, when I was about 12 or 13, me and my best friend planned out our whole gap year, filled with hundreds of places we wanted to see!
2) Go to every festival in the UK at least once. I’ve been going to festivals since I was 18 months old, but we always go to the same ones every year, so I haven’t actually been to many different festivals. A few on my list are Reading and Leeds, Radio 1’s Big Weekend and T in the Park.
3) Write my own book. This has always been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I wanted it to be fictional, but now I quite like the thought of writing some kind of self-help book.
4) Run a half-marathon... Now, I’m not really sure why I want to do this, because I’m really not a particularly sporty person, and on the rare occasions that I do sport, it’s never ever running. But, in some ways I think that’s exactly why I want to do it, because of all the effort I would have to put in to get to that level (which is a lot, as I’m sure you can imagine! Haha) and of how proud I would be of myself if I did achieve it!
5) Learn to play a musical instrument. I did start to play guitar last year but I didn’t get very far with it and would love to pick it back up again someday.