The magnificent Georgian structure of Kilnwick Percy Hall and its 42 acres of pasture and woodland was once part of a much larger settlement.
In the tax returns for 1350 the village of Kilenwick, as it was then called, had 60 dwellings and two mills. Sadly a combination of plague, epidemics and poor harvests took its toll and by 1620 the village had virtually disappeared.
The origins of the Hall go back to a time before William the Conqueror.
Full feature in tomorrow’s Pocklington Post (13 February).