Your Pocklington Post will feature a great selection of articles in this week’s (11 June) paper, including contributions from readers:
• Local pianist takes charts by storm, and possibly sets a world record
• A judge criticised a “spineless” decision not to prosecute a man charged with fracturing a man’s eye socket in Market Weighton.
• Pocklington’s new £4million doctors’ surgery has officially opened its doors.
• Controversial plans to create a new holiday home park in Allerthorpe with up to 225 lodges and static caravans have been rejected
• A Market Weighton care home resident has celebrated her 100th birthday with family and friends.
• Local members of a weight loss organisation collected 162 bags of clothes that they have successfully slimmed out of to raise money for Cancer Research UK
• The Headteacher column, by The Market Weighton School headteacher Gavin Chappell
• On the history trail feature, by reader Andrew Sefton