Councillors call for action to halt speeders

East Riding Council logo
East Riding Council logo

All the information students and parents need about local school transport can now be found in one place – thanks to the launch of a new webpage.

The page on East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s website schoolstransport has been redesigned and updated for the summer holidays to make it quicker and easier to 
access school transport information for people whose children are starting school or changing school in September.

Parents are now being encouraged to visit the webpage to make sure they apply for school travel passes in plenty of time for the start of the new term.

The site also has useful information for people with children already travelling to school, such as bus routes and times, and allows them to ask questions and report any problems.

Using the new website, people can:

l Find out if their child is entitled to a free travel pass.

l Apply for a school or college travel pass for their child by completing an online form.

l Buy a travel pass by applying online.

l Apply for a replacement bus pass if theirs is lost, damaged or if their child has changed schools or moved address.

l View a list of the all bus routes for schools in the county – useful for parents to see which route would be the best one for their child.

l Report any problems on school transport, such as damage and bullying, to the council’s Buswise scheme that deals with misconduct on school transport.

l Send an online enquiry to the council’s school transport team.

Councillor Andy Burton, the council’s portfolio holder for planning, highways and transportation, said: “The summer holidays can 
be a busy time for any mums and dads preparing to 
send their children to a new school, and school transport is one of the important 
jobs they need to arrange 

“So we hope parents will find our new webpage very useful in answering any questions they have, and allowing them to make applications quickly and easily.”