A devastating fire which tore through an aerosol factory on a Pocklington industrial site was most likely cause by "accidental ignition", an investigation has revealed.
More than 60 firefighters tackled the blaze which destroyed two buildings at LMA Services, on Pocklington Industrial Estate, on Thursday June 30.
A spokesperson for Humberside Fire and Rescue said: "The most likely cause is accidental ignition of a vapour cloud caused by a spark.
The spokesperson added: "The member of staff working in the immediate vicinity was saved very serious injury by a flameproof or retardant clothing that they are required to wear.
"They were then able to raise alarm for the rest of the factory. Staff were able to evacuate quickly, calmly and safely and in effect there was no injuries.
"It was through this and the professional work of Humberside Fire and Rescue and two engines from North Yorkshire who managed to contain the fire from spreading."