Wicstun Vet Group set to open 24-hour animal hospital in Market Weighton
Wicstun Vet Group is about to embark on a huge adventure with the opening of its independent, 24-hour animal hospital in Market Weighton.
The group will be opening the doors to its new facility on Monday, August 24.
Wicstun has been established for more than 90 years and are one of the few remaining, independent mixed animal groups in the north of England.
The new hospital will be able to offer 24/7 hospital care for your pets along with new facilities including:
○ A state of the art hydrotherapy unit with one of our very own nurses who specialises in rehabilitation
○ Laparoscopic surgeries – a less invasive method of surgery reducing recovery time
○ Three theatres – this means we can reduce waiting times to restore your pets to full health asap
○ In-house laboratory – running those very important tests and results on-site
○ Imaging suite – digital x-ray, diagnostic ultrasound scanner and video endoscopy
A spokesman said: “We are so excited to welcome you all to our new hospital and wish we could share it with you all as we intended but Covid-19 has put a hold on that.
“We are putting in place all the safety measures as per British Veterinary Association and government guidelines to ensure the health and wellbeing of all clients and staff.
“We ask all clients to attend their appointment on time – we are allowing a limited number of clients inside the hospital at one time, in line with covid safety.
“If you arrive early, please call the practice on 01430 873219 and the reception staff will let you know when you are able to enter the hospital.
“Our Vets and Nurses are more than happy to continue to provide consultations in the car park if you wish. Please just let the reception know when you arrive.”