Man burns hands in kitchen fire

editorial image

A man suffered burns to both of his hands dealing with a kitchen fire at a house in a nearby village.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at 2.33am last Saturday to the fire on Derwent Court in Dunnington.

On arrival crews found there had been a fire involving cooking on a hob, but was out when they arrived.

The occupier, a man in his late twenties, was taken to hospital via road ambulance after burning his 
hands.

The fire caused 80% smoke damage to the kitchen. Smoke alarms were fitted and were activated.