DCSIMG

Video: Hutton Cranswick fish and chip shop destroyed in fire

Waiting for Video...
 

A ferocious fire destroyed a fish and chip shop in Hutton Cranswick last night.

The blaze, on Main Street, began on Friday 22 November at 4.33pm and involved a frying range inside the ground floor shop.

The flames quickly spread to a first floor flat, causing damage by fire to a bedroom floor and smoke damage to the remainder of a flat.

Amid fears of an explosion and to ensure safety, firefighters threw a taped-off cordon around the scene when a gas pipe fractured during fire, and gas and electricity supplies were isolated.

Humberside Fire and Rescue Service tackled the blaze using eight sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a ground monitor, two main jets, and two Thermal Image Cameras.

For the full story and more photos, see next Thursday’s Driffield Times and Post.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page