Rail line plan ‘unaffordable’, says East Riding councillor
PLANS to resurrect the York to Beverley rail line are “very clearly currently unaffordable”, according to an East Riding councillor.
The Minsters’ Rail Campaign has been campaigning since 2001 for the line, which would include stops at Pocklington, Market Weighton and Stamford Bridge, to be re-opened.
Last week the group’s chairman George McManus said major delays to rail travel caused by the recent Hatfield landslip highlights the need for the line.
See 28 February Pocklington Post for the full story.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East