Pupils join together in celebration of books
It was a real tome from tome when pupil’s across the district celebrated World Book Day last week.
And they weren’t just doing it by the book as an array of activities were organised to mark the pupil’s love of reading.
At Hensall Primary the day started off with a booked themed assembly where the students performed plays and poetry based on their favourite stories and showed their passion for pages by dressing up as their top characters, including Where’s Wally and Harry Potter.
Headteacher Heather Conroy said: “The day was a great success – we’re very enthusiastic readers at Hensall Primary and we very much want to keep that up.”
Celebrations of all things literature also took place at Pollington, Rawcliffe and Carlton primaries respectively with a host of activities marking the day.
As well as bringing in their favourite books, some pupils also got to dress up as characters as our selection of pictures show.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East