First responders sought in Weighton
VOLUNTEERS are being sought to become Community First Responders in Market Weighton.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust has hundreds of Community First Responders working and living in local communities across the region who are trained in basic life-support, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and oxygen therapy.
Volunteers are equipped with a kit which includes oxygen and an automated external defibrillator (AED) to help patients in a medical emergency such as a heart attack, collapse or breathing difficulties until the ambulance arrives.
Neil Marsay, the service’s community defibrillation officer, said: “Being part of this initiative can be extremely rewarding and I would encourage anyone who may be interested in helping their local community to take on the role.”
For more information contact Neil on 0845 120 3155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East