Fallen airmen honoured with street names
BARMBY Moor has named two streets after airmen killed in action during the Second World War.
Air gunner sergeant Michael Norman Reilly and bomb aimer sergeant Basil Norris, who both flew out of Pocklington, were members of 102 Squadron, whose few surviving members, along with their families and friends, visited the local area at the weekend for their annual reunion.
To remember the two men, who were buried in Barmby Moor, two streets in the village’s latest housing development have been named Norris Avenue and Reilly Way.
See this Thursday’s Post (26 July) for the full story.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East