Chance to donate blood
RESIDENTS are being urged to use their extra hour when the clocks go back to save lives by donating blood.
Blood donor sessions are being held across the region over in the coming weeks, starting on 7 November at Stamford Bridge village hall from 2pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7pm.
On 23 November, a session will be held at the Cave Castle Hotel in South Cave from 2.15pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7.30pm.
Then on 29 November, residents can donate blood at The Bowls Centre, in Beverley Road, Market Weighton, from 2.15pm to 4pm and from 5pm to 7.30pm
Anyone aged between 17-65, weighing more than 50kg (7 stone 12lbs) and in general good health can become a donor. Call 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk to book an appointment.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East