Airship Station talk
Howden’s Airship Station will be the subject of the next talk to the Pocklington and District Local History Group on Thursday 17 January.
Ken Deacon will talk about some of the airships which were based at Howden, which was a Royal Navy station opened in 1916 to protect the east coast from submarine attack.
The station is probably best known for its association with the Barnes Wallace designed R100 which was built there in the 1920s.
The talk will be held in the old courthouse in George Street and will begin at 7.30pm. All are welcome and there is a charge of £2.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East