1. How do you want to be known? Nigel.
2. Do you live or work in Pocklington? Both.
3. What is or was your job or profession? Writer, playwright and retired actor.
4. Where were you born? Leeds.
5. Are you married, single, cohabiting or divorced or widowed? Married.
6. Do you have any children (grandchildren)? Yes. Two daughters and three grandsons.
7. Do you have any pets? Not now but we used to have 36 cats!
8. What is your favourite food? Italian or Lamb and Rosemary.
9. What is the best or most exciting book you have read or TV programme? It changes all the time but The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy.
10. Any pet hates? Celery.
11. What person do you most admire or would like to meet? Johann Sebastian Bach.
12. What are your hobbies?
Planting trees, Reading.
13. Do you play any sports? Not now but I used to play cricket (and still like watching it).
14. Do you participate or practice any of the arts? Drawing
15. Your favourite film? I do not care for films.
16. What are your ambitions? To live long enough to see my grandsons get married.
17. What do you consider is the best thing about Pocklington? The vibrant community with everything you need.
18. What do you consider is the worst thing about Pocklington? The name of the new library.
19. What would you most like to change? Nothing really.
20. What have you done that you are most proud of? Having children and getting my first book of poetry published.
21. What is the thing in your life that is most important to you? My wife and children.
22. What kind of music do you like? Classical, Renaissance.
23. What is your favourite group or who is your singer? Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
24. What is your most precious possession? A shelf full of poetry.
25. Would you admit to your worst mistake? Yes.
26. If you could know you would never be caught for a crime, what would you do? Not do it.
27. What was your favourite subject at school? French.
28. Have you been abroad? If so where was the furthest away from Britain? New York and around Europe.
29. Your star sign? Aquarius.
30. What is your favourite fruit? Grapefruit, but now I cannot eat it!