Your Pocklington Post will feature a great selection of articles in this week’s (4 December) edition, with contributions from readers:
• The former coach of England rugby union ace and ex-Pocklington player Rob Webber has spoken of his pride at Rob’s achievements
• The Pocklington branch of The Royal British Legion has smashed its previous Poppy Appeal fundraising record.
• Plans to widen a footpath in Pocklington Town Centre have been criticised by some shopkeepers
• Blues music fans from all over the country descended on Pocklington to take part in an event, which is believed to have generated thousands of pounds for the town’s economy.
• Support is on hand for adults with learning disabilities in the area thanks to a group of volunteers.
• Memories of the Second World War at Pocklington were revived when Pocklington and District Local History Group met recently
• Celebrations have taken place at Pocklington Christian Fellowship Church after the completion of renovation work costing more than £250,000.
• East Coast rail ticket offer