DRIVING whilst disqualified has led to a man being disqualified for a further 28 days.
Charles Edward Wood, 63, of New Road, Driffield, pleaded guilty at Bridlington Magistrates Court to driving whilst disqualified on Monday 20 August and also pleaded guilty to using a motor vehicle without third party insurance on the same date.
Prosecution solicitor, Andrew Vaughan, told magistrates on Wednesday 5 September, Wood had been disqualified from driving for 14 months in September last year and due to receive his licence back on October 8 2012.
Wood had completed the drink driver rehabilitation course, which reduced his ban to 12 months.
Magistrates heard how Wood had admitted his calculations had been “absolute rubbish.”
In mitigation, Kevin Blount, said Wood had been under the misapprehension that he would have his licence back by Thursday 9 August, and had subsequently applied to have his licence back without fully checking the details.
Mr Blount said Wood claimed he had received an email from the driver rehabilitation course confirming that he was due to get his licence back in August, and that they had also acepted there was an error on their papers.
Mr Blount said: “Your worships the defendant had had that date in his head and he is desperate to have his licence back.
“His wife got him at work and moved over to the passenger seat, but unfortunately he had miscalculated.
“It has caused significant difficulties to him.”
Presiding magistrate, Alan Hardman, said: “For driving whilst disqualified we fine you £200 and a disqualification of 28 days to run concurrently with your existing ban.”
He was also fined £200 for driving without third party insurance and ordered to pay court costs of £85 with a victim surcharge of £15.