Fangfoss church awarded £150,000 grant
THE future of an historic church in Fangfoss looks brighter after being awarded a welcome £150,000 grant from English Heritage.
The funding is for much-needed repairs to the roof of St Martin’s Church, which includes replacing slipped slates, repairing abutment flashing and repointing ridges. Repair work is also needed on stonework to the south porch, west gable and south elevations.
See today’s Pocklington Post (14 February) for the full story.
- Residents flock to Buddhist Centre in Pocklington for garden fete
- Bishop Wilton woman accused of spending fake notes makes crown court appearance
- Village set for busy weekend of events for all to enjoy
- Tesco staff put on their walking shoes for charity
- Pocklington Post supports talented teenager Livvy
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pocklington
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West